Here are a few important points to keep in mind while creating a koi pond:
- Does the pond maintenance provider have sufficient liability insurance?
- Do they surely bond? (In the event the contractor divides along with your cash, you can accumulate).
- Do they provide workman's compensation insurance? (medical care/loss of commission, if hurt on your land).
- Assess the neighborhood business bureau for testimonials from a potentially dissatisfied customer for Koi fish pond construction.
- It's possible they have a listing of medication abuse and sometimes split with the capital, only to appear afterward back in business.
- Never provide them more cash than could be accounted for in material and or labor expended on the job.
- With each test, you cover, request a lien release for this amount. Particularly, get the last lien release upon finishing the job. If they didn't pay a seller for substances used on your house, with no lien release that seller can attach your home until you cover it (again!).
- You must always insist on a written contract together with in-depth descriptions of this job to be achieved.
- In the end, remember to require a fair time payment and schedule program. This process protects both parties from misunderstandings that could arise afterward.
All in all, always remember to look before you jump, study before you weep.