Stone veneer is a popular exterior siding material because it's beautiful, affordable, and easy to install. But before you jump on the stone veneer bandwagon, you should be aware of some things to keep in mind. Here are five things to know about exterior tombstone siding veneer:
1. Stone veneer is made from crushed stones that have been bonded together with a synthetic resin. This makes the material weather resistant and attractive.
Image Source: Google
2. You should always use a sealer when installing stone veneer. This will help protect the material from weathering and wear over time.
3. You should never use a hammer when installing a stone veneer. This can damage the surface and result in cracks or other damage. Instead, use a chisel or saw to cut the material into shape.
4. Stone veneer is best installed on exterior walls or roofs. It's not recommended for interior walls or ceilings because the surface may not be able to take the weight of the material over time.
5. Always use caution when working with stone veneers, especially if you're inexperienced with this type of installation. Follow the manufacturer's instructions carefully, or contact a professional if you need help. If a stone veneer installation causes damage to your home, you'll need help from an experienced contractor.